The cross is of oak, and formed from wood grown in Waldershare Park.
It was donated by the Earl of Guilford, who unveiled the Memorial on
21st May 1922.
The names of the fallen are inscribed around the base of the
grateful memory of Coldred men who laid down their lives in
the Great War 1914-1918
H O Dixon
J N Berry
The memorial was dedicated by the Rural Dean of
Sandwich, Rev W. Ceidrych Thomas. The colour picture above is of
the replacement, from around the 1980s, made after the original
had decayed by local craftsman Jack Holdstock, from
Shepherdswell, nearby. The cross was also re-aligned to face the
extra information with thanks to Adrian Newell
photos: Simon John Chambers